In late 2016, Credos – with the assistance of CIM, DMA, IAB, IPA, IPM and MRS – undertook a survey to explore the impact of Brexit on the employment, business opportunities and investment decisions of the advertising and marketing industry.
The survey received 195 responses from a self-selecting sample of relevant companies. Key findings include:
- 46% of the respondents export to EU markets
- 62% said that the UK’s decision to leave the EU had negatively affected the economic outlook of their businesses
- 66% of respondents stated that the UK’s decision to leave the EU has made the UK a less attractive place to do business
- 58% said that the inability to recruit non-British EU nationals would affect their company’s ability to grow
- To attract more talent to the UK, 39% said they wanted the free movement of people within the EU to continue post-Brexit.
Our full report is available below.